Good nutrition in the early years is vitalAt Paintpots we continuously evaluate and develop our nursery menus because we know how important it is to offer children a nutritionally balanced diet. We also focus on giving positive experiences of food to help shape future healthy eating habits.
Healthy eating is encouraged in a variety of ways:
- Our menus are designed with different dishes being offered each day for a 4 week period.
This enables us to offer a variety of foods encouraging your child to experiment and accept different textures and tastes.
- Food is freshly prepared by an onsite qualified cook.
No packaged foods are used that contain controversial colourings or preservatives.
- Children are always offered different seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Meal times are organised to support the development of personal hygiene, table manners, independence and social skills.
- Snacks are offered on a rolling basis giving children the opportunity to take snacks when they are hungry.
- Drinks are always available throughout the day.
- Any child with special dietary requirements is offered a suitable alternative.